Reasons why Sir Christopher Lee is just plain cool.
1. Nearly a century of life and he shows no signs of even slowing down. (There must be something in the surname… Stan Lee is the same.)
2. He knows the meaning of commitment. Fifty years with his one and only wife! (Did sow plenty of wild oats in his younger years, but happened to meet the right woman as he was getting tired of it.)
3. He is related by marriage to Ian Fleming.
No coincidence that he was a Bond villain.
4. He joined the intelligence services during WWII, where it’s hinted he did some very badass things to some Nazis. (He indicated once that he knew the exact sound a man makes when stabbed in the back.)
5. He is the only one of the LOTR cast to have met J.R.R. Tolkien.
6. He is a loyal and steadfast friend. He was a mainstay to
Peter Cushing during the latter’s grief over his wife’s death.
He still misses his old chum deeply.
7. He is a Warner Brothers cartoon fan (something he shared with
Peter Cushing) and can apparently do a spot-on Yosemite Sam.
8. He was the narrator in a studio cast
recording of The Rocky Horror Show.
9. He is a classically trained singer and has recorded everything
from opera to Broadway to heavy metal (no, I am not kidding).
10. Related to that, he likes to head bang to keep
his neck muscles from growing stiff.
11. He was on the cover of Paul McCartney
and Wings’ Band On The Run album.
12. He plays a good golf game, too!
13. Is descended from Charlemagne.
14. As a child, met the killers of Rasputin personally when they stopped by his mother’s house. (He kept this in mind when playing Rasputin).
15. He evokes all imagination of gothic horror in your mind when see him.
16. He has the most onscreen swordfights of any other living or dead actor in the history of movies. I am guessing that record will be his for eternity.
17. He is Dracula
18. He is Saruman
19. His full name is Sir Christopher Frank Carandini Lee, CBE, CStJ.
20. He has the right to bear the coat of arms of the
Holy Roman Empire by the Emperor Frederick Barbarossa.
21. He fought for Finland in the Winter War against Russia in 1939.
22. He’s an inspiration to us all.
23. Also he’s very tall.
24. He rereads “Lord of the Rings” every year!
25. Despite all the points mentioned, he is really modest.
I really like the way Adventure Time handles gender.
I mean, one episode had gender-bent versions of the characters, which were portrayed as awesome. Among them Fionna, a girl who loves to fight and wrestle and who can’t leave the house without at least one sword in her purse. She also doesn’t need no man to be happy.
And then there’s Princess Cookie. A guy who wants to be a princess someday. And instead of making fun of him or laughing at his dream, the episode is all about how anyone can be whatever they want.
There’s nothing wrong with people being the opposite gender, it can even be fun. A girl can be an independent tomboy if she wants, and it’s totally fine. And a guy can want to be a princess, and it’s all encouraged. I just think those are some really nice messages to send children.
i really want to watch more adventure time and the reasons keep piling up
First Photograph of Lighning by William N. Jennings available here.
French photographer Thierry Cohen wants to show you what the cities might look like if they went dark on a clear day, and if the photographer focused on bringing out the stars. His project Darkened Cities shows recognizable cityscapes in darkness under the night sky.
To create the images, Cohen first traveled to locations that are untainted by the light pollution of large urban areas, capturing beautiful night shots of the Milky Way floating overhead.
He then combined these photographs with manipulated photographs of various cities (e.g. San Francisco, New York City, Tokyo, Rio de Janerio) to complete the effect.
Even if all the lights were out, light pollution would still prevent a city from looking like this.. But it’s still so pretty auuuh.
Upcoming Canadian TV Anime Serial ‘Urbance’ (Dystopian World, Gender Wars)
In the big city, gender war rises. Sex is prohibited because of a genetic deadly virus. Ruled by hate and anger, boys and girls grow up apart from each other, forming rivals gangs. Among these lost teenagers, Kenzell and lesya will fight adversity and defy all the rules in order to live their love and restore peace.
I WANT TO SEE THIS!
Lysette, have you seen this? WOW!
“Pooh and his friends were given as gifts by author A. A. Milne to his son Christopher Robin Milne between 1920 and 1922. Pooh was purchased in London at Harrods for Christopher’s first birthday. Christopher later gave them to publisher E. P. Dutton, who in turn donated them to the New York Public Library.”
Summit by Skrillex (ft. Ellie Goulding)
Something about this video is perfect for the late nights in the early days of a new year.
“None of us have really that aggressive personality. We’re all pretty much the same kind of people, y’know. We started as friends and I can’t see anything getting in the way to stop us from being friends.” -Kurt Cobain